Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and love is in the air! Everyone has someone to love (including children and pets!). We have compiled a list of great ideas to help you celebrate the day of love, whether you have a sweetheart or you’re single!
Want to know more about Valentine’s day?
- Interesting facts about Valentine’s Day from List 25 : Many believe the X symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn’t write their names signed in front of a witness with an X. The X was then kissed to show their sincerity.
Do you have a Sweetie? Try these:
- From Family Life: Make a special “14 Reasons I Love You” Valentine’s Day breakfast for your sweetheart. On his/her plate, leave a letter or card listing 14 reasons that you love your spouse.
- From Time: Be a tourist in your own city. No matter where you live, there's likely some attraction whether it's a park, restaurant or museum that you've never been to. (Do you know how many New Yorkers have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the top of the Empire State Building?) Take this time to get to know your city a little better.
Including your children? How about this:
- From Parenting: Say “I love you.” Go around the table and have everyone share five reasons they love each member of the family, or have them write down their lists beforehand and pass them out at dinner. (Help smaller children with this.)
- Life Hack: Laugh it up! Laughter boosts your mood, reduces stress, and makes you feel better. On Valentine’s day, have your own funny movie marathon, enjoy some stand-up comedy and laugh to your heart’s content! Cuddle up on the couch with your pet(s) and a cozy blanket to laugh it up. Treat yourself to a cheap and healthy snack like natural popcorn or yogurt mixed with berries and dark chocolate.
Wanting to reach beyond the usual?
- Call your local Women’s Shelter/Homeless Shelter/Orphanage: See if you can make decorations and special Valentine notes (see how many you should make) and drop them off to spread love to those who may not have someone to celebrate with.
Like the glasses in the picture?